The need we are meeting
Among those who complete our program, less than 5% return to jail or prison within 3 years.
The need is great.
29% recidivism in the State of Michigan; the costs of this are staggering.
The need is to reduce the prison population in Michigan by reducing the number of repeat offenders.
The need is to restore self-sufficiency through full-time employment to people leaving incarceration and returning to our communities.
The need is to re-unite broken families and deal a major blow to the epidemic of generational poverty.
Temporary placement agencies do nothing to prepare workers for success, nor can they guarantee full-time placement after the trial period. The special challenges of re-entry require specialized preparation and a life line of relationships to help participants navigate the obstacles they face.
How does West Michigan benefit from 70x7 programming?
4.6% recidivism rate among its participants 2013-2016, versus 29% Michigan rate
- Our program curriculum is refined, documented, and proven successful for over 10 years in west Michigan.
- The economic benefits of 50 people working instead of being in prison is approximately $ 275,000.00
- By reducing the crime rate in Ottawa County, we make communities safer and ease the burden on our police force.
- Working people pay child support and they can play a role in their children’s lives. 75% of released offenders have children.
- We supply employees to a business community desperate for qualified labor; these are employees that have been prepared with fundamental soft-skills and work readiness training, resulting in lower turn-over.
- Instead of being a burden to society, 130-140 people will become contributing, tax-paying citizens each year.